Standard for testers
ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119 Software Testing is a set of standards for software testing that can be used within any software development life cycle or organisation.
There are currently five standards:
- ISO/IEC 29119-1: Concepts & Definitions (published September 2013)
- ISO/IEC 29119-2: Test Processes (published September 2013)
- ISO/IEC 29119-3: Test Documentation (published September 2013)
- ISO/IEC 29119-4: Test Techniques (at DIS stage)
- ISO/IEC 29119-5: Keyword Driven Testing (at WD stage)
What is importnant, the ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119 standards replace a number of existing software testing standards:
- IEEE 829 Test Documentation
- IEEE 1008 Unit Testing
- BS 7925-1 Vocabulary of Terms in Software Testing
- BS 7925-2 Software Component Testing Standard
The ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119 standards are developed by ISO/IEC JTC1/SC7 Working Group 26. The full list of the WG’s memebers is here.