About the Survey
The International Software Testing Qualifications Board, the most popular software testing certification authority in the world, released the results of a test practices survey carried out at world-wide level. The survey, with more than 3200 respondents from 89 countries, can be considered the largest in the world in the software testing domain.
“As a non-profit organization, with its mission of advancing the software testing profession, ISTQB® regularly conducts international online surveys to assess the trends in the software testing industry”, said Mr. Gualtiero Bazzana, ISTQB® President.
The survey covers several topics, ranging from organizational and budgetary aspects, to techniques/ processes/ tools, through to skills and competencies within software testing. We believe it provides useful information for all professionals involved in the testing market, as well as direction for further evolution of the ISTQB® scheme.
Some highlights of the survey are listed below:
- Budgets assigned to testing are large and keep on growing.
- Agile based SDLCs are being adopted ahead of traditional ones
- Segregation of duties has become a standard practice from an organizational point of view
- Training and certification of competences are key factors in improving test skills.
- Test automation has become very widespread in the market.
- Performance, usability and security tests are gaining traction.
More you can find here: http://www.istqb.org/references/surveys/istqb-worldwide-software-testing-practices-report.html