ISTQB opublikowało wyniki ankiety nt. efektywności certyfikacji, pełen raport można znaleźć tutaj: http://istqb.org/documents/ISTQB_Effectiveness_Survey_2013_14.pdf
Pierwsi napisali o tym testerzy.pl . Zachęcamy do zapoznania się z ich wnioskami tak samo jak z źródłem.
Wnioski z ankiety bezpośrednio z ISTQB:
The Survey report is available for download from the ISTQB® Web Site at the following link: http://istqb.org/references/
The most relevant results are summarized in the following:
- The majority of Test Engineers undertook the ISTQB® CTFL certification in order to enhance their career path (80%) and develop their testing skills (70%).
- The majority of Test Managers believe that participating in the ISTQB® certification scheme will positively impact testing quality in their projects (75%) and will enable them to provide a positive career path to their employees (55%).
- Test Engineers and Test Managers alike are highly satisfied with the ISTQB® CTFL certifications and happy to recommend these to their colleagues (91% – Test Engineers, 94% – Test Managers).
- The ISTQB® Foundation Level certification exams are seen as providing a reliable assessment of candidate knowledge.
- Test Managers would like to have approximately 75% of their staff certified at the Foundation Level.
- Approximately 70% of Test Managers consider it important to obtain Advanced Level certifications, and this opinion is shared by 63% of Test Engineers.
- The new Expert Level certifications are generating a significant amount of interest.
- There is strong demand for Agile certification throughout the world and across all major industries (85% of respondents are interested).
- Approximately 70% of survey participants attribute a significant part of their certification success to the courses they undertook from accredited training providers.
- In addition to Agile Testing, the following have emerged as the most important topics for the future: Performance Testing, Testing for Mobile Devices, and Usability Testing.
Thank you for your contribution to this survey, your input was very valuable to us.